Since 1986 our team of instructors have taught horse and pony riding skills to literally 1000’s of clients! We can teach anyone over the age of 4 years old and our experienced staff will assess the rider’s ability and needs to assist them reaching their full potential and ensure that they are suited to the well-schooled horses and ponies we have available. Riders are also welcome to bring their own horse for lessons.
We have a number of riding facilities at Hayden Equestrian Centre include a large indoor arena, a large outdoor all weather floodlit arena as well as a cross country course. Our large indoor school is 12,000 sq foot in size (enough to seat 2,000 people!) and has a viewing gallery for spectators with adjacent toilets and tuck shop for cold drinks and snacks.
All clients must complete a Rider Registration Form before riding so we advise that you arrive 10-15 minutes early for your 1st lesson to complete this.
Safety When Riding
- Correct footwear must be worn by all riders. Riding boots or a sensible shoe/boot with a heel may be worn, but runners/trainers will not be allowed.
- Riders should switch mobile phones off when riding. Flash photography is prohibited in the indoor arena.
- Parents and members of the public are asked to remain outside the arena unless asked to enter by a member of staff.
- Clients are asked to always be aware of danger while around these premises, especially around the horses and stable area.
- Clients are asked to supervise children at all times and are asked not to enter the stable block or stables unless under supervision.